E very company can perform better if their brand connects emotionally with people. As easy as it is to say it, pulling it off isn’t easy. There are some factors that your brand has to be:
- Meaningful. There is a greater impact when when your brand has a strong emotional connection to individual people – when it has meaning. A brand that’s meaningful is more compelling and more valuable than a brand that isn’t.
- Empathetic. Empathy is understanding people at a level of emotional truth. Figuring out what matters most to them. For a brand that wants to matter to people, there is no substitute for empathy.
- Purpose. When people see that a brand stands for a higher purpose, they pay attention. When a brand lives up to its purpose, it can make a world of difference.
- Consistent. Even the best brand strategy isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on unless you act on it. Brands are brought to life by behavior. What you say. The way you look. In the realm of consistency, details count. Big things count, little things count and everything in between counts.
- Authentic. Authenticity is the defining quality of a brand. You have to know who you are. When a brand rings true, people can not only tell the difference, they can feel it.
- Emotive. A brand that’s emotive triggers feelings, inspires action, earns loyalty and lifts peoples’ spirits. These brands reach a deeper level in people’s hearts and a higher level in their minds. Never overlook the mind, but always aim for the heart.